Pratcher wins single-parent scholarship | Schools
Nesia Pratcher, a full-time first-year student at the UALR William H. Bowen School of Law, is this year's recipient of the Jennifer L. Carson Scholarship.
Bowen graduate Bonnie Johnson organized a small group of lawyers to raise an endowment and give a scholarship each year to a single parent at Bowen. The scholarship is named to honor the dedication and accomplishment of the group's friend and classmate, Jennifer Carson, whose daughter Emily was 3 when Jennifer started in Bowen's part-time division.
In addition to giving a $1,000 scholarship each year, committee members provide practical and emotional support and help recipients to make it through their first year in law school.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival