Joey the Garden Cat health update | Pets
On Thursday, April 5th we took Joey the Garden Cat to his veterinarian Dr. Bob Hale of Briarwood Animal Hospital for what we thought was an injured front paw. While x-raying it they discovered a growth on his back leg.
Dr. Hale reached out to his friend Dr. Terry Dew with Azzore Veterinary Specialist in Russellville. Dr. Dew is the only board certified small animal surgeon in the state of Arkansas.
Joey was taken to Russellville on April 9th where he took a CT scan of the tumor and discovered it originated from the bone so he took a biopsy. We should have the results of the pathology report next week.
You can go to Joey's page on Dr. Dew's website to see the scans as he posts them.
We’ll keep you updated on Joey’s progress and thank you for all the well wishes.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting