Joey the Garden Cat health update | Pets
On Thursday, April 5th we took Joey the Garden Cat to his veterinarian Dr. Bob Hale of Briarwood Animal Hospital for what we thought was an injured front paw. While x-raying it they discovered a growth on his back leg.
Dr. Hale reached out to his friend Dr. Terry Dew with Azzore Veterinary Specialist in Russellville. Dr. Dew is the only board certified small animal surgeon in the state of Arkansas.
Joey was taken to Russellville on April 9th where he took a CT scan of the tumor and discovered it originated from the bone so he took a biopsy. We should have the results of the pathology report next week.
You can go to Joey's page on Dr. Dew's website to see the scans as he posts them.
We’ll keep you updated on Joey’s progress and thank you for all the well wishes.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR