Police charge man who allegedly hit, beat teen with murder | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Little Rock police say a teenager is dead after being hit by a van and beaten today.
Police say Michael Stanley, 14, stole a man's wallet at the Asher 1 Stop at Asher and Oak Street this afternoon. Police say Stanley took off on a bike and the man followed him in his van.
That's when police say the man hit Stanley, got out of his van and beat him.
Stanley was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The suspect has been identified as Michael David Sadler Sr., 58, of Little Rock. Police say they are charging him with first degree murder.
THV's Daniel Wilkerson will have a full report on "Today's THV at 6:00" and todaysthv.com.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park