Police charge man who allegedly hit, beat teen with murder | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Little Rock police say a teenager is dead after being hit by a van and beaten today.
Police say Michael Stanley, 14, stole a man's wallet at the Asher 1 Stop at Asher and Oak Street this afternoon. Police say Stanley took off on a bike and the man followed him in his van.
That's when police say the man hit Stanley, got out of his van and beat him.
Stanley was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The suspect has been identified as Michael David Sadler Sr., 58, of Little Rock. Police say they are charging him with first degree murder.
THV's Daniel Wilkerson will have a full report on "Today's THV at 6:00" and todaysthv.com.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival