Timbuktu exhibit illustrates life in West Africa | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A national traveling exhibit for children on West Africa has found a new home at the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center in Little Rock.
The exhibition, "From Here to Timbuktu: A Journey Through West Africa," opens Saturday, March 24 with activities, crafts and African-inspired refreshments.
The exhibition emphasizes three geographic regions of West Africa - the coast, the Savanna grasslands, and the area bordering the Sahara Desert. That all leads to Timbuktu, an ancient center of learning.
The displays, which are geared toward children, feature hands-on activities that illustrate life in West Africa.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.