Woman dies after accident | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A woman succumbs to her injuries after getting into an accident in Little Rock.
Police say they responded to an accident on Mablevale Cutoff just before the Aston St. intersection. The driver and passengers in the 2008 Sienna minivan were not seriously injured and refused treatment.
The driver of the 1993 Ford Escort, Haven Helmcamp, 34, was too injured to speak and was taken to a local hospital. When police went to the hospital to follow up with Helmcamp, medical personnel said Helmcamp's condition was upgraded to critical and had been taken to surgery. They also told police they found what appeared to be a marijuana pipe in her jeans' pocket. It was taken into evidence.
Helcamp was pronounced dead at 6:26 p.m.
According to the police report, Helcamp was driving a curve when she crossed the double yellow line and hit the minivan head on.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR