I-630 W lane change due to construction Friday | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Crews removing a concrete barrier will require a temporary lane closure at the Interstate 430/Interstate 630 (Big Rock) Interchange in Little Rock, according to Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD) officials.
Friday, February 22nd between 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., weather permitting, a concrete barrier will be removed along the west side of southbound Interstate 430 between Interstate 630 and the Shackleford Road overpass (Exit 5).
Drivers using the Interstate 630 westbound to Interstate 430 southbound loop ramp will need to merge sooner than normal as they enter Interstate 430. Drivers exiting Interstate 430 to Shackleford will be directed by barrels.
The closure is necessary to further the reconstruction of a ramp from the Hermitage/Shackleford intersection to Interstate 430 southbound.
This work had been scheduled for Thursday, February 21st, but had to be delayed until today due to weather.
Motorists should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.