Suspect found guilty of LR Christmas Eve murder | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A jury found Edward Thompson guilty of murder Thursday. Judge Barry Sims said Thompson is found guilty of murder in the first degree in the death of a man outside of a Little Rock nightclub on Christmas Eve 2011.
When the crime happened, police said Tyler Ratley was walking to his car at the Discovery Club, 1021 Jessie Road, when several men jumped him. His brother, Richard, came to help, but someone shot and killed him.
Thompson, 32, was named as the suspect in the case. Exactly one month after the murder, Thompson was arrested at his home on McDonald Circle in Little Rock and charged with capital murder.
In addition to the murder charge, Thompson is also found guilty of aggravated robbery and theft of property. Thompson is sentenced to life in prison, plus 50 years for the other crimes.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival