Okla. brewers developing regional markets | News
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The demand for craft-brewed beer is growing to the point that Oklahoma brewers are expanding their sales by sending their products out of state.
On a recent trip to Arkansas, Wes Alexander of Marshall Brewing Co. in Tulsa worked to firm up markets in Little Rock, Fayetteville and Hot Springs. Marshall also sells its beer in Kansas and Missouri, and wants to significantly increase its out-of-state sales percentage.
Mustang Brewing Co. in Oklahoma City has a similar strategy.
Mustang President Tim Schoelen told The Oklahoman the company sells in Arkansas and Kansas, and plans to expand into southwest Missouri.
Schoelen said less than 5 percent of Mustang sales were outside Oklahoma in 2012. He expects that number to increase to as much as 20 percent by 2014.
Information from: The Oklahoman, http://www.newsok.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR