Report: Three Ark. cities rank among worst in U.S. for crime | News
WASHINGTON, D.C. (KTHV) - Three Arkansas cities rank in the bottom ten metropolitan areas in the U.S. when it comes to crime in the country.
Out of 358 metro areas surveyed for an annual study, Little Rock ranked at 351, Memphis (including the AR portion of the metro area) ranked 355, and Pine Bluff ranked at 357. The Detroit area reported the most crime in 2012. The highest ranking Arkansas metro area is Fort Smith, coming in at 184.
The study conducted by CQ Press ranks the metro areas based on the number of murders, rapes, robberies, aggravated assaults, burglaries, and motor vehicle thefts reported within the year.
More Information on The Study:
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park