22-year-old explains why he had nude photos of teen | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Deputies arrested a 22-year-old Gideon Gulledge after he allegedly admitted to taking nude videos and photos of a minor.
"What he admitted to Friday is what was on his phone," said Lt. Carl Minden with the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department.
According to Lt. Minden, Gulledge was taken into custody and charged with manufacturing and possessing sexually explicit conduct involving a child. Minden said Gulledge knew the teen from his church.
A pastor at their church said a concerned parent contacted him with information that Gulledge had texted their teenage son explicit messages. The pastor said he called police, which prompted the investigation. To the pastor's knowledge, nothing inappropriate happened at the church, where both parties involved are members.
Gulledge told police he had all the photos and videos on his cell phone and turned it over to police, added Minden.
THV 11's Daniel Wilkerson talked with Gulledge Tuesday morning, when he said he was best friends with the alleged victim. Gulledge said the teen wanted to get involved with modeling, so he sent the 22-year-old a picture to critique.
"If you're a juvenile you just have to be really careful. What seems like good-natured also has the potential to be exploited in a sexual manner," said Lt. Minden.
The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate the situation.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.