Apartment blaze causes $1M in damage | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A Little Rock firefighter was hurt while responding to an apartment fire that displaced 15 people, including children.
The Terrace Green Apartments on Scott Hamilton Drive caught fire Wednesday night. Captain Jason Weaver said crews actually noticed smoke coming from the building while filling up with gas.
He said when they went to investigate, they found an fully-involved fire at an apartment on the second floor.
"It's pretty severe. There are 8 units and all of them will be affected," said Weaver. "One heavily by the fire, and the others with smoke and water damage."
As for the firefighter who was hurt, falling sheetrock is to blame. He is expected to be okay.
Eight adults and seven children have been displaced, but Captain Weaver said they're all staying with relatives.
Investigators are working to determine why the fire started, and they said the the fire caused about $1 million in damage.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR