Apartment blaze causes $1M in damage | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A Little Rock firefighter was hurt while responding to an apartment fire that displaced 15 people, including children.
The Terrace Green Apartments on Scott Hamilton Drive caught fire Wednesday night. Captain Jason Weaver said crews actually noticed smoke coming from the building while filling up with gas.
He said when they went to investigate, they found an fully-involved fire at an apartment on the second floor.
"It's pretty severe. There are 8 units and all of them will be affected," said Weaver. "One heavily by the fire, and the others with smoke and water damage."
As for the firefighter who was hurt, falling sheetrock is to blame. He is expected to be okay.
Eight adults and seven children have been displaced, but Captain Weaver said they're all staying with relatives.
Investigators are working to determine why the fire started, and they said the the fire caused about $1 million in damage.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park