Little Rock man arrested for public intox, disorderly conduct | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Authorities say the vice chairman of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission has been arrested on public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges.
Lonoke County Sheriff John Staley said Wednesday that Rick Watkins was arrested Tuesday evening on the two misdemeanor charges and has since been released.
Staley says Watkins was intoxicated and shooting a pistol in a rural part of the county. Staley says Watkins wasn't shooting at anyone and was cooperative with authorities who were called to the scene.
Commission spokesman Keith Stephens called the incident "a very serious matter" and said the agency is waiting to see how the situation unfolds before making any further statements.
Gov. Mike Beebe named Watkins to the commission. His seven-year term expires in 2014.
Watkins didn't return a phone message left Wednesday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.