Former LRPD officer formally charged with manslaughter | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - According to James Law Firm, former Little Rock Police officer Josh Hastings has been formally charged with manslaughter.
The firm confirmed that Hastings is now charged with manslaughter, which is a class C felony. The case has been assigned to the 5th division in Judge Wendell Griffin's court.
Hastings is still out on bond, and the law firm said their plan is to plead not guilty and get a trial.
The former officer's manslaughter charges come after 15-year-old Bobby Moore was killed by a bullet fired from Hastings' gun.
Little Rock Police said Hastings witnessed two people break into a car and tried to get away with a third person driving. They said Hastings fired fired the shot because he felt his life was threatened when the suspects' vehicle came toward him.
For more information on this story, read the following links:
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR