Labor of love: helping the homeless | News
Little Rock, Ark. (KTHV) As we prepare to gather with our loved ones, it's a time to remember and help those without a home.
A group of about 20 volunteers gathered in downtown Little Rock Sunday to hand out supplies to the homeless. They say with temperatures dropping and the holidays upon us we cannot forget those who have less.
Organizer Amanda Clark says the turn-out was great.
"We had clothes, blankets, suitcases for them to be able to have their stuff to carry in," explains Clark.
Here's a reminder, the Watershed project in Little Rock will be distributing their Christmas donations for the less fortunate beginning at 8:30 Monday morning.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park