LR Central High School Band to play at Inaugural Parade | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Tuesday it was announced that 103 Little Rock Central High marching band members, under the direction of Mr. Brice Evans, will perform at the 57th Inaugural Parade on January 21, 2013 in Washington DC.
Eighty-four groups, with a combined total of nearly 15,000 participants, were selected to perform.
The application process included video and audio recordings of the band performing, a history of the band program, a list of achievements and honors, along with letters of endorsement from Governor Mike Beebe and Senator Mark Pryor.
The marching band is actively doing fundraisers, seeking sponsors and donations to offset the estimated cost of more than $100,000 or $1,000 per student. Anyone interested in becoming a sponsor or making a donation should contact the band director by phone at 501-447-1478 or by email at email@example.com.
The 2013 Inaugural Ceremonies theme, "Faith in America's Future" commemorates the United States' perseverance and marks the 150th anniversary of the placement of the Statue of Freedom atop the U.S. Capitol dome. The parade is organized by the Joint Task Force-National Capital Region, and participants are selected by the Presidential Inaugural Committee.
You can also make a donation at www.arcf.org.
(Source: Little Rock School District)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.