12th Street Health and Wellness Center opens | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A ribbon cutting and dedication ceremony was held Friday to announce the opening of the new 12th Street Health and Wellness Center.
The center will cover a variety of student-provided health and wellness services focusing on cardiovascular health. It is located in an old pharmacy once owned by Vicki and Karrol Fowlkes of Salem.
"They know the needs of the community around us. And they just felt that UAMS Engaging with the community could just do some god things. So they donated the facility as a catalyst to enable us to do that," said UAMS Chancellor Dan Rahn, M.D.
Chancellor Rahn said this is a great way for students to gain experience, and provide services for people in the area.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR