Toddler admitted to ACH with alcohol in system | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A Little Rock woman was arrested at the Arkansas Children's Hospital for allegedly endangering the welfare of a minor after medical staff found alcohol in the child's system.
According to Little Rock Police, a 21-year-old mother was taken into police custody on Dec. 2 after her toddler daughter was admitted to the hospital with a bloody nose and hardly breathing.
Detectives said ER staff found that the toddler had a very high amount of alcohol in her system. The toddler's injury is suspected to come from falling out of her bed while being intoxicated.
Police said the mother advised that she had left alcohol in a container mixed with juice that the child likely drank.
The mother has been charged with one count of Felony Endangering the Welfare of a Minor and is in the Pulaski County Jail for Processing.
The child is in stable condition and no permanent damage is expected.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR