Toddler admitted to ACH with alcohol in system | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A Little Rock woman was arrested at the Arkansas Children's Hospital for allegedly endangering the welfare of a minor after medical staff found alcohol in the child's system.
According to Little Rock Police, a 21-year-old mother was taken into police custody on Dec. 2 after her toddler daughter was admitted to the hospital with a bloody nose and hardly breathing.
Detectives said ER staff found that the toddler had a very high amount of alcohol in her system. The toddler's injury is suspected to come from falling out of her bed while being intoxicated.
Police said the mother advised that she had left alcohol in a container mixed with juice that the child likely drank.
The mother has been charged with one count of Felony Endangering the Welfare of a Minor and is in the Pulaski County Jail for Processing.
The child is in stable condition and no permanent damage is expected.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting