Thousands awarded to UDDC to improve UALR neighborhoods | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Banking officials from the Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) awarded thousands of dollars for neighborhood improvement.
FHLB awarded the University District Development Corporation (UDDC) $18,000 to make improvements to surrounding neighborhoods and to get qualified home buyers into houses.
For three years the UDDC has tried to get this competitive grant money, and now it's theirs.
The corporation can improve the overall quality of life for those living in about 3.5 square miles surrounding UALR's campus.
"As we look at this legacy neighborhood....well worth the investment," said Sen. Joyce Elliot, (D) Little Rock.
On top of this grant district director Ron Copeland said local banks are chipping in as well and giving the district another $6,000.
Over the last five years, the UDDC has improved 36 houses and brought in roughly $150,000 to the area.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR