Class 5A football title, other Arkansas high school football scores | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- Matthew Ollison threw for two touchdowns and Deion Holliman added a pair of scoring runs as Camden Fairview rallied for a 28-10 victory over Batesville on Friday night in the Class 5A state championship.
Batesville (10-4) led 10-0 at halftime, stifling a Cardinals team that came into the game averaging 46 points per game. But Camden Fairview scored just two plays into the second half, as Ollison connected with Braxton Hoof on a 77-yard touchdown.
The Cardinals (14-0) took the lead for good late in the third quarter, when Ollison passed to Jamie Smith for an 8-yard touchdown. Deion Holliman scored on a 37-yard dash with 4:44 to play, and sealed the victory for Camden Fairview with a 31-yard run with 2:22 left.
Ollison completed 10 of 12 passes for 220 yards.
Camden Fairview capped a perfect season and claimed the state title after falling in the finals in 2009 and 2010. Batesville finished as runner-up for the second straight season.
Other scores from around the state:
Bearden 37, Mineral Springs 14 (Class 2A Semi-Final)
Junction City 42, Walnut Ridge 6 (Class 2A Semi-Final)
Glen Rose 17, Prescott 14 (Class 3A Semi-Final)
Harding Academy 31, Fountain Lake 29 (Class 3A Semi-Final)
Ozark 28, Highland 25 (Class 4A Semi-Final)
Stuttgart 32, Prairie Grove 15 (Class 4A Semi-Final)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park