Toy Hill Weekend benefitting Toys for Tots, coming soon | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - While you are shopping this weekend, be sure to pick up a few toys for the Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program.
The official Toy Hill Weekend will be Dec. 7, 8 and 9, but this year, the main event and live broadcast will be take place at the Clear Channel parking lot because of parking availability.
KSSN 96 disc jockey Bob Robbins has been a part of the Marine Corps Toy for Tots for some 39 years and said every year the event gets bigger and better.
"We just raise toys for needy children, but at the same time, we have a lot of fun with parades from the FOP, the motorcycles parade, the old cars, music galore, food to eat from Big Joe Drillin, chili cook offs and turkey gumbos. Just so much fun. The bottom Line? Toys for children," he said.
Everything kicks off Friday night at five.
For more information, go to www.kssn.com.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park