Raises approved for Little Rock School District workers | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Teachers in the Little Rock School District will soon have more money in their paychecks. The School Board voted Thursday to give teachers pay raises and to increase health care contributions.
The Little Rock Education Associate already reached a tentative agreement earlier this week with the district, but the school board needed to ratify it.
With Thursday's vote, district employees are receiving a 1.75-2.00% pay increase, depending on their certification, and will have an extra $39 for their health care.
The contributions start December 1, while raises will be included on the December 1 or 15 check.
The school board also discussed its Strategic Plan, but no decisions were made on that matter.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival