Our network

Change your clocks, check smoke detector batteries | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Change your clocks, check smoke detector batteries
News

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Nov. 3, 2012) - Firefighters from the Little Rock Fire Department have just been named one of 25 adopted fire departments from more than 6,400 across the country to receive a donation of safety products from Energizer.

Firefighters are celebrating by helping to share life-saving information with community members today, November 3.

They will be distributing free batteries, provided by Energizer, to remind residents to adopt the life-saving habit of the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program.

Firefighters will be demonstrating fire safety tips and prevention at Hall High School located at 6700 H Street, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Immediately following the safety demonstration, firefighters and volunteers from Hall High School will go door to door in a local neighborhood, offering home safety inspections and distributing Energizer® batteries

Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program was founded 25 years ago by Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs to remind people of the simple, life-saving habit of changing and testing the batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when setting the clocks back from daylight-saving time.

Simple Home Fire Safety Tips

  • Practice smoke alarm maintenance for a simple, effective way to reduce home fire deaths.
  • A simple reminder from the International Association of Fire Chiefs and Energizer® Batteries: When you change your clocks, change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. This can help save lives.
  • Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors monthly to make sure they are working.
  • Have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home.   
  • Plan, discuss and practice an escape route with your family for dangerous situations such as home fires, carbon monoxide leaks and natural disasters.
  • Do not rely on your sense of smell to alert you that you and/or your family are in danger of being trapped during a fire or from a carbon monoxide leak.
  • Be sure not to ignore the chirping sound your smoke alarm makes when maintenance is required. 
  • Use flashlights or flameless candles rather than candles to light your home during power outages.
  • Carbon monoxide detectors are NOT substitutes for smoke alarms.

(Source: Energizer)

News

Little Rock Deals

Little Rock Businesses

Upcoming Events near Little Rock

Community Sponsors