Little Rock went pink for the cure on Saturday | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Little Rock was covered in pink Saturday morning, as thousands of people showed up for the annual Komen Race for the Cure event.
The early-morning competitive 5K race had 471 participants, with Leah Thorvilson of Little Rock coming in first. She finished the race in 17:55.79.
The main Race for the Cure event had tens of thousands of walkers and runners. The 3 Miles of Men race also took place on Saturday. The winners of that event are:
Biggest Team: Black Men United
Most Spirit: AT&T
Most Creative: Maverick Transportation
THV and Bank of America helped sponsor 3 Miles of Men. To see a photo gallery of Komen: Race for the Cure or to upload your own pictures, click here.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park