Arkansas Cornbread Festival takes over South Main Street | News
LITTLE ROCK, AR (Nov. 3, 2012) - The Arkansas Cornbread Festival (ARCBF) is today, November 3 from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. on South Main Street between 13th and 16th Streets in downtown Little Rock.
Tickets to the event are $7 for adults, $3 for kids 6-12 years and free for children under six prior to Nov. 3. Tickets the day of the festival are $10 for adults, $5 for kids 6-12 years and free for children under six.
Along South Main, vendors will display and sell Arkansas-art, handmade crafts, clothes, jewelry, home furnishings, locally-produced food and gifts of all sorts.
Cornbread entries will be judged by everyone attending the festival as well as a panel of celebrity judges.
Categories are traditional, non-traditional and sweet, and it is up to each competitor to choose the category in which their entry will compete. New this year is the Best Side Item category, and any of the competitors can provide a side item of their choice.
Winners will receive:
- Best Overall Winner (best in show) - $500, a trophy, a blue ribbon and a gift basket.
- Best Overall Winners in Traditional, Nontraditional and Sweet Categories - trophies
- Best Professional Winner - $100 and a gift basket.
- Best Amateur Winner - $100 and a gift basket.
- Best Professional, Traditional - $75 and a t-shirt.
- Best Professional, Non-Traditional - $75 and a t-shirt.
- Best Professional, Sweet - $75 and a t-shirt.
- Best Amateur, Traditional - $75 and a t-shirt.
- Best Amateur, Non-Traditional -$75 and a t-shirt.
- Best Amateur, Sweet -$75 and a t-shirt.
- Best Side Item - trophy and a cast iron dutch oven from Lodge Cast Iron.
For questions or more information, contact Liz Sanders, coordinator of the Bernice Garden and the Arkansas Cornbread Festival, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 501-617-2511.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR