Cancer and the law | Health
The UALR William H. Bowen School of Law will sponsor a free health law program focused on breast cancer on April 26 in the Friday Courtroom.
The continuing legal education program will offer Arkansas attorneys the opportunity to learn more about legal resources for cancer patients and their families, as well as get a tour of the UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute.
“Patients of critical illnesses have special legal concerns,” said Dean John DiPippa. “We’re glad to have the opportunity to help facilitate access to greater justice for those individuals and their families by providing this continuing education opportunity.”
Arkansas attorneys can receive 4.5 hours of general CLE credit, but members of the public can enroll in the program as well. To register, visit the ABA’s Health Law Section site.
Sponsors for the event are the American Bar Association – Health Law Section; the Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers; Arkansas Minority Health Commission; Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Arkansas Affiliate; Watts, Donovan, and Tilley PA; and Williams and Anderson PLC.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival