Miss Arkansas' Outstanding Teen raises over $1300 for Polar Plunge | Community Spirit
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Miss Arkansas’ Outstanding Teen, Laura Leigh Turner organized a group of 20 students in the North Little Rock School District to and rose over $1300 for the Special Olympics Arkansas. They group participated in the “Freezin for a Reason” Polar Plunge Saturday, December 8. The NLR Cool Cats raised the most money and walked away for the first ever Special Olympics Cool School trophy. Turner hopes to get even a bigger team next year.
(source: North Little Rock School District)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival