Miss Arkansas' Outstanding Teen raises over $1300 for Polar Plunge | Community Spirit
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Miss Arkansas’ Outstanding Teen, Laura Leigh Turner organized a group of 20 students in the North Little Rock School District to and rose over $1300 for the Special Olympics Arkansas. They group participated in the “Freezin for a Reason” Polar Plunge Saturday, December 8. The NLR Cool Cats raised the most money and walked away for the first ever Special Olympics Cool School trophy. Turner hopes to get even a bigger team next year.
(source: North Little Rock School District)
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park