Little Rock's 13 year old Aaliyah Dejanay shows at Midsouth Fashion Week | Arts & Culture
Midsouth Fashion Week in Memphis took place this past weekend, September 30-October 2, 2011. Celebrity designers such as Project Runway's Qrystil Frazier and Little Rock's Korto Momolu participated as well as Reco Chapple from The Fashion Show. Aaliyah Dejanay, a thirteen year old fashion designer from Little Rock was also asked to be a part of the show and presented her line Grafetti. Their designs were seen by local, regional and national retail buyers, boutique owners, celebrity publicists, and consumers.
Dejanay says of her experience, "All smiles, had so much fun at the Midsouth Fashion Week in Memphis, big things to come for Grafetti."
Dejanay presented her line this year at Little Rock Fashion Week and seems to be a very busy girl well on her way as an emerging designer. She was recently awarded the Starving Artist Spotlight Award and is involved with several philanthropic pursuits as well.
Dejanay says, "A girl told me today that I was her role model. That made me feel good. I never looked at myself like that before."
A role model indeed and a wonderful story of a young lady that Little Rock can be very proud of.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.