New sewing technique classes starting soon | Arts & Culture
Jamileh Kamran School of Fashion Design has recently made some new developements in their curriculum. In an effort to utilize the time needed with new students, some basic sewing skills are required before entering the full program. Once again in an effort to give back to her community and remain inclusive with those who seek higher learning in design, Kamran is now offering a Basic Sewing and Design Course.For students that have little-to-no experience in sewing, the school will provide a four-week, four-hour per session course (total of 16 hours of instruction) designed to teach students all of the sewing techniques that will be used in the Jamileh Kamran School of Fashion Design. This course will also serve as a basic sewing class for those students who are more interested in learning superior sewing techniques. The sewing technique classes will be $450, which includes all of the fabric and supplies needed to complete the course. Classes will be offered on Mondays and Wednesdays. First class will be Monday, October 3, 2011. For more information, please call the Jamileh Kamran School of Fashion Design at (501) 663-3242.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park
- North Little Rock, Fort Roots site selected for new state Veterans Home
- Travs hold job fair Saturday, still time to apply