Thea announces 2013 Creative Writing Scholarship Winners | Arts & Culture
The Thea Foundation is pleased to announce the winners of its 3rd annual Creative Writing Scholarship Competition for high school seniors, which were finalized by a panel of qualified judges at the Thea Center on Wednesday, February 13, 2013. 51 participants from across the state submitted short stories with a maximum of 1,000 words based on Thea Kay Leopoulos’s mixed media painting, Liberty (2001).
The Thea Foundation is honored with the opportunity to award students talented in the writing field. Thea recognizes the hard work put forth by each participant, and encourage every student to continue to pursue creativity in higher education and beyond.
The winners of Thea’s 2013 Creative Writing Scholarship Competition are as follows:
First Place - $3,000 Amy Teeter Pottsville High School
Second Place - $2,000 Candace Boehm Lake Hamilton High School, Hot Springs
Honorable Mention Cari Beth Halk Guy-Perkins High School
Honorable Mention Jackson James CrossPointe Preparatory School, Searcy
Honorable Mention Bailey Pickens North Little Rock High School
Honorable Mention Anna Shipman Brookland High School
Honorable Mention Katy Smith DeQueen High School
The winning entries can be found and read at www.theafoundation.org/2013-creative-writing-scholarship-winners.
For more information on Thea Scholarships, call 501-379-9512 or visit www.theafoundation.org/scholarships.
Upcoming Events near Little Rock
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park
- North Little Rock, Fort Roots site selected for new state Veterans Home